Do you believe that anyone can be a success? Or are you sitting back and resigning yourself to your fate? Most successful people will say that life is what you make it, not what is preordained for you.
Some people may be the reason they do not succeed in life by adopting certain habits which hampers their progress in life.
Listed below are seven things people do that stops them from achieving success.
1. Asking too many ‘what if’ questions and being afraid to jump in: Many people don’t even get of the starting block, because they are too busy analysing a situation and weighing up all the pros and cons. Look before you leap, is always sound advice, but at some point, you’re going to need to jump!
2. Fear of failure to the point of never even trying: If you never try, you never will know, so you might as well give it a go. If you are sensible about your decision making, then failure won’t hurt anything more, than your own ego. You will be respected by others, and respect yourself far more if you try, than if you don’t.
3. Setting the bar too low: Many people misunderstand what setting goals is all about; they confuse the small achievements along the way for the bigger picture. A goal is something that is a life changing, long term aspiration, not a quick fix for next week.
4. A lack of commitment: People who achieve their goals are committed to them. They take the knockbacks and the failures along the way in their stride and they don’t give up on their ultimate goal.
5. Dreaming, but not taking action: You can dream of winning lottery, but if you don’t buy a ticket, then you won’t win it! Inaction is a big barrier to success, so don’t just think about it, do it!
6. Trying to please everybody: Nobody wants to think that they would just tread on everybody else on the way to the top, but to be successful, you have to accept that you can’t please everyone, all the time. You can’t study for a diploma and be out with your friends as well. Somewhere along the line, you will have to do things that some other people may not like or understand.
7. Not taking advice and always trusting only your own wisdom: Even the biggest successes in the world have advisors. No single person can know all there is to know, and people who are not willing to admit this, are unlikely to achieve success.